Jasmine died at just 6 years old after choking on a grape and after all attempts at first aid using back slaps and abdominal thrusts had failed.  We believe that had we or the emergency services had access to a LifeVac anti-choking device then Jasmine would still be here today.


LifeVac is a non-invasive device and has been rigorously tested and peer reviewed for safety and effectiveness. In 2017 we petitioned the Medical and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) to lift the restrictions on the use of LifeVac in the UK. The UK and Ireland were the only countries were restrictions were placed on the sale of LifeVac. Earlier this year the MHRA lifted those restrictions meaning individuals, businesses, schools, colleges and hospitals are now able to purchase this lifesaving device. We can only imagine how many lives would have been saved had this device been more widely available since 2017.

Choking incidents can happen to anyone at any time, not just young children, the elderly and people with medical conditions.  We urge everyone to purchase a LifeVac as the alternative when normal first aid protocols don’t work can quickly turn fatal. LifeVac’s start at just £59.95 and can be bought directly from their website Shop – LifeVac Europe Ltd. If you use the code LJ10 then you will receive a 10% discount and LifeVac will also make a donation to support our work with bereaved families.

Keep up to date

Helping today

Get all the latest, news, events and fundraising projects straight to your inbox.